Friday, September 16, 2011

Allen Gregory

Fox has decied to ad to their Sunday night Animation Domination by green lighting "Allen Gregory" for 13 episdoes starting on Oct. 30th. The show was co-created by Jonah Hill who is famous for movies such as Superbad and Get him to the Greek. I find Hill funny in most of the movies he has been in, and I hope that his style of humor can translate into a cartoon. The base of Allen is the story of a seven year old kid who is matured well beyond his years and finds that it is tought to relate to kids his age. A twist on the show is that Allen has two dads and is raised in a common law marriage home. It will be tough to sway the fan base of Seth McFarlane, because fans are use to tuning in on Sunday and seeing his style of humor.

Although i hope that this show works, because like I mentioned, I am a fan of Jonah Hill, but after watching the trailor a couple times I'm not sure how good this show is going to be. I really didn't laugh in the two minute preview and that makes me nervous because the show will be about 21 minutes long. Something about a pretentious seven year old doesn't work for me. If the show tanks I will blame it on Hill's recent crack-like weight loss and wish him the best in his future endevours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUlfno9QTM
See for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really curious to see how this performs. From one perspective, I know FOX's viewership has had difficulty accepting post-Family Guy animated series. But I also see a lot of differentiation here. The promos show a lot of, and seems to rely upon the attitude and adult-themed humor that helped Seth MacFarlane creations like Family Guy and American Dad to remain successful against other networks' Sunday night lineups. I'll definitely be watching when this premieres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predicted this show to be the first to fail, based on the need for yet another adult cartoon. The previews are very funny, but can the writers maintain a storyline that keeps viewers coming back. Maybe Jonah will develop a character after Matthew Morrison, and intellectually annihilate him. I will be following the progress once the show hits the airwaves... I'm even looking forward to watching it.

    ReplyDelete